From 12 February
Want to visit Museum Voorlinden in total silence? Then buy a ticket for our special Silence on socks hour!
Visiting a museum in total silence, time to really take in the works of art, without distraction from other visitors. That is the idea behind Voorlinden’s Silence on socks hour. During such a silent hour, you feel a different energy in the museum. You look more attentively, experience the artworks very differently, much more intensely than during regular opening hours. It also creates a sense of togetherness with the other visitors; you are among the select few who experience the museum in silence!
Here’s how the Silence on socks hour works:
- Every Saturday and Sunday morning* between 10 and 11 am, we open the museum earlier.
- Only a Silence on socks hour ticket will get you in.
- Put your phone on silent, store your belongings in a free locker and save your conversations for after.
- Between 10 and 11 am, you can enjoy the museum in silence. After that, you can stay as long as you like – until 5pm.
- From 11am, other visitors will also come in.
* Please note: a ticket for a Silence on socks hour can only be booked online in advance and we organise it every weekend, except for holidays and periods when we are preparing a new exhibition.Buy a ticket